A Texas lawyer made headlines recently thanks to a cat Zoom filter. Here are some fun Zoom tricks you can use to spice up your video meetings.
This is a basic trick, but we’ll cover it in case you don’t know how to do it. Zoom makes it easy for you to change your background. Do you want to appear on your Zoom calls with the Eiffel tower behind you? What about your favorite meme? Here’s how to do it:
- Sign in to Zoom
- In the navigation menu, click on “Settings”
- In the “Meeting” tab, navigate to the virtual background option and verify that the setting is enabled.
- If the option has been grayed out, it means that it has been locked. Check with your Zoom administrator to see if it can be activated.
Zoom strives to offer an experience that emulates in-person meetings as closely as possible. And since a whiteboard is a common visual aid during meetings, it makes sense for Zoom to offer one. Obviously, this feature is useful if you need to explain things. But you can also doodle stuff to entertain your colleagues. To activate the whiteboard, follow these steps:
- Click the “Share Screen” button in your toolbar (the button looks like an arrow pointing upward).
- Click “Whiteboard” (appears as a blue marker icon).
- Use the page controls in the bottom-right corner of the whiteboard to create new pages and switch between them.
Internet sleuths have determined that the cat filter that became viral a couple of days ago is not available on Zoom. It appears that that specific filter came with the computer the lawyer was using. However, don’t worry, there are other ways to create a feline appearance that surprises your coworkers.
Probably the easiest way to achieve this effect is by downloading Snap Camera. This app is made by the same company that created Snapchat. All you have to do is to download it, open it, and select the filter you prefer. The exact same cat as the meme is not available, but you can find something similar.
To activate the filter on your Zoom, just open the preferences and click on “Camera.” Choose “Snap Camera” in the drop-down menu and let the laughs begin.
More Business Tips and Ideas
Read these previous posts for more business tips that cover every aspect of the management of your organization.
- Want to be more secure online? Begin with your password
- 4 New Year’s resolutions for your business
- How to Manage a Hybrid Team
- Time Management: 3 Essential Skills.
About the Greater Riverside Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
At the Greater Riverside Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (GRHCC), our core mission is supporting small businesses and economic development with advocacy, business referrals, marketing opportunities, training programs, student internships, and scholarships.