COVID-19 Information & Resources

Important Links:


OSHA COVID19 Safe Workplace Guide:

Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970
“To assure safe and healthful working conditions for working men and women; by authorizing enforcement of the standards developed under the Act; by assisting and encouraging the States in their efforts to assure safe and healthful working conditions; by providing for research, information, education, and training in the field of occupational safety and health.”

English and Spanish Version

The Riverside Public Utilities Emergency Recovery Assistance Program (ERAP) is now live:

  • The COVID-19 Emergency Recovery Assistance Program (ERAP) is designed to help RPU electric customers who have lost their jobs, been furloughed or are facing a reduction of their income due to reduced work hours due to the Stay at Home orders put in place to fight the pandemic.
    Residential electrical customers of Riverside Public Utilities (RPU) who meet specific criteria are eligible for a one-time bill credit of $250
    Electric customers that already were participating in the SHARE assistance program and lost their jobs or have had income reduced due to the emergency also qualify and are eligible to receive the ERAP bill credit.
    The program is now available to customers who can download the application and submit it to the utility by mail or dropbox.
    An online application portal is being developed and will be available soon.

Federal and State Government Resources:


Resources to Help Businesses Maintain Their Operations:

  • The California Office of the Small Business Advocate is available to help businesses identify resources and obtain answers to key questions (to the extent known): 
  • The U.S. Small Business Administration is offering designated states and territories low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Upon a request received from a state’s or territory’s Governor, SBA will issue under its own authority, as provided by the Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act that was recently signed by the President, an Economic Injury Disaster Loan declaration.  Once a declaration is made for designated areas within a state, the information on the application process for Economic Injury Disaster Loan assistance will be made available to all affected communities as well as updated on their website:
  • Small businesses looking for honest advice about business operations during the COVID-19 emergency can rely on the 70 business assistance centers operating throughout California.  These business assistance centers offer free one-on-one business counseling, including the discussion of options for accessing capital:
  • At California’s Small Business Finance Center, small businesses can access a range of financial products, including loan guarantees and direct loans:
  • California maintains two credit enhancement programs to help small business obtain loans from traditional and nontraditional lenders, including the Small Business Loan Guarantee Program and a Small Business Loss Reserve Program.
  • Employers experiencing a hardship as a result of COVID-19 may request up to a 60-day extension of time from the EDD to file their state payroll reports and/or deposit state payroll taxes without penalty or interest. A written request for extension must be received within 60 days from the original delinquent date of the payment or return.  For questions, employers may call the EDD Taxpayer Assistance Center.  Toll-free from the U.S. or Canada: 1-888-745-3886
  • GO-Biz main COVID-19 resource webpage with links to the IBank, Small Business Advocate, State Treasurer, Labor and Workforce Agenct, Franchise Tax Board, and Department of Tax and Fee Management: 
  • Coronavirus (COVID-19): Guidance and loan resources for small businesses (Español)
  • La Ciudad de Riverside Aprueba Nuevo Programa que Provee Subsidios a Empresas Pequeñas
    Spanish Video and Content


Employer Guidance from California Labor Agency


Employer Guidance from the Federal Government

  • The federal Center for Disease Control and Prevention provides guidance for businesses and employers here.
  • The federal Small Business Administration is opening its Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program, among other resources.  More information is available about loans, contracting opportunities, and other resources available here.


Resources Available to Employees

Dear friend,
The Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has launched a new tool to help non-filers register for their Economic Impact Payments, or stimulus payments.
To help millions of people, the new web tool will allow users who don’t normally file a tax return the ability to registration for their Economic Impact Payments. People who don’t have tax return filing obligation can use this tool to provide their information so they can receive their Economic Impact Payments as soon as possible.
The web tool for non-filers can be accessed HERE.
Automatic payments begin this week (April 13, 2020).

Eligible taxpayers who filed tax returns for either 2019 or 2018 and chose direct deposit of their refund will automatically receive an Economic Impact Payment of up to $1,200 for individuals or $2,400 for married couples and $500 for each qualifying child. Individuals who receive Social Security retirement or disability benefits, SSDI or who receive Railroad Retirement benefits but did not file a return for 2019 or 2018 will automatically receive a payment in the near future.
How do I use the Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info tool?

For those who don’t normally file a tax return, the process is simple and only takes a few minutes to complete. First, visit, and look for “Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here.” Then provide basic information including Social Security number, name, address, and dependents. The IRS will use this information to confirm eligibility and calculate and send an Economic Impact Payment. Using the tool to get your payment will not result in any taxes being owed. Entering bank or financial account information will allow the IRS to deposit your payment directly in your account.  Otherwise, your payment will be mailed to you.

“Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info” is secure, and the information entered will be safe. The tool is based on Free File Fillable Forms, part of the Free File Alliance’s offerings of free products on

Who should use the Non-Filers tool?

This new tool is designed for people who did not file a tax return for 2018 or 2019 and who don’t receive Social Security retirement or disability benefits or Railroad Retirement benefits. Others who should consider the Non-Filers tool as an option, include:

Lower income: Among those who could use Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info tool are those who haven’t filed a 2018 or 2019 return because they are under the normal income limits for filing a tax return. This may include single filers who made under $12,200 and married couples making less than $24,400 in 2019.

Veterans beneficiaries and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients: The IRS continues to explore ways to see if Economic Impact Payments can be made automatically to SSI recipients and those who receive veterans disability compensation, pension or survivor benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs and who did not file a tax return for the 2018 or 2019 tax years. People in these groups can either use Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info option now or wait as the IRS continues to review automatic payment options to simplify delivery for these groups.

Social Security, SSDI and Railroad Retirement beneficiaries with qualifying dependents: These groups will automatically receive $1,200 Economic Impact Payments. People in this group who have qualifying children under age 17 may use Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info to claim the $500 payment per child.

Students and others: If someone else claimed you on their tax return, you will not be eligible for the Economic Impact Payment or using the Non-Filer tool.

For additional help, please contact my District Office at (951) 222-0203 or please visit